The Verdun farmers markets showcase nearly 26 exhibitors and their agri-food and craft products. 2023 will be our 9th season for a local event that is crucial both for the neighbourhood and the wider metropolitan area.
- They take place Wednesdays from June 7 until November 1 (22 weeks) from 3 until 7 p.m. at the parc in front of the Jacqueline de Repentigny Library, 5955 Bannantyne Street, Verdun H4H 1H6
Our partners offer 75 distributions of organic baskets under the concept of “community supported agriculture” (CSA).
Les potagers des nues mains, 190 Perkins, Sutton, QC J0E 2K0, https://lesnuesmains.com/, Wednesdays from June 7 until November 1 (22 weeks) from 3 until 7 p.m. at the parc in front of the Jacqueline de Repentigny Library, 5955 Bannantyne Street, Verdun H4H 1H6
Jardins Florelia, 1440 chemin de la Côte Georges, Mascouche, QC, J7K 3C2, https://www.jardinsflorelia.com/nos-abonnements, Wednesdays from June 7 until November 1 (22 weeks) from 3 until 7 p.m. at the parc in front of the Jacqueline de Repentigny Library, 5955 Bannantyne Street, Verdun H4H 1H6
Les carottés, 136, Ch. Gaudreau, Brigham, QC, J2K 4E6, https://www.fermelescarottes.com/abonnements, Tuesdays and Thursdays, from June 14 to October 31, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., at Parc du Souvenir, 4525 rue de Verdun, Verdun, QC H4G 3G7
Veronique Debroin, Coopérative Les Jardins de Tessa, www.jardinsdetessa.com, 14 chemin Ballerina, Frelighsburg, J0J 1C0, https://jardinsdetessa.com/abonnez-vous, Tuesdays, from June 6 to November 7, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the marquee of Parc Desmarchais
Pierre-Olivier Comeaux, Ferme Bêta-Carotène, 2493 Chemin de l’église, Sainte-Clotilde, J0L 1W0, https://www.fermebetacarotene.com/, Thursdays, June 15 to October 26, 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., at Queen Elizabeth Park, 1560 Crawford Street, near Peniston.
- Improve Montrealers' food security
- Offer fresh local products to vulnerable clients
- Ensure a minimum ratio of 75% of food vendors
- Serve populations of all socio-economic levels
Join us for the 2023 season
We still have space available for dessert, fruit, tofu, nut, yogurt, meat and drink producers.
We furnish tents.
To participate, sign up at: Become a producer member.
Support food security
In 2003, the World Health Organization (WHO) defined the concept of food security as follows:
- "Everyone has the physical and economic means to access sufficient food when needed to lead an active and healthy life: ;
- Everyone's ability to acquire food is guaranteed;
- Guaranteed access to simple, reliable and objective information that allows people to make informed choices;
- Food is nutritionally satisfactory and personally and culturally acceptable;
- Food is obtained in a way that respects human dignity;
- Food consumption and production is based on social values that are just, equitable and moral;
- Food is produced and distributed in a way that respects a sustainable agrifood system."
By working with small local producers, our markets meet all these goals simultaneously.