Un Océan de Saveurs (An Ocean of Flavours) is the only certified organic and sustainable fishing seaweed producer in Quebec.
All of their products are vegan and gluten-free.
- Sea bacon (Dulse): Flavors of seafood, shellfish, lobster and sea salt and both full-bodied with slight notes of hazelnut.
- Black seaweed: Strong fishy flavor.
- Kombu: (Laminaria digitata): Vegetable flavor of dried hay, caramel and sea salt.
- Royal Kombu (sea lasagna): Vegetable flavor, refined, slightly sweet and slightly sea salty.
- Sea lettuce and marine spirulina: vegetable flavor, reminiscent of sorrel and spinach.
- Sinner's blend: Refined flavor with vegetal and seafood notes.
- Atlantic Nori: delicate, fragrant, woody reminiscent of tea and dried mushrooms with aromatic notes of seafood.
- Wakame (sea fern): Delicate nutty taste.
- Kelp: Fishy flavor
Antoine Nicolas, the founder and owner ofUn Océan de Saveurs (an ocean of flavours), defies winds, ice and tides by diving, year-round, to harvest the seaweed that grows near the shores of Forillon National Park. A few days later, they find themselves on the plates of the greatest restaurants in Quebec and are now accessible to everyone, including CAUS members.
This native Breton was destined for a career in aquaculture. When he arrived in Grande-Rivière in 2011, he realized that the region was full of an interesting and under-exploited resource: algae. He then changed his career plan to start a business specializing in the collection and distribution of fresh seaweed.
Its harvest period is spread over the whole year; he even dives in winter!
" Our mission is to provide you with quality products that meet our values environmentally friendly in a sustainable development process ."Antoine Nicolas, founder and owner of Un Océan de Saveurs
You want to know more?
founder and owner of Un Océan de Saveurs
Visit their website:
Read an article about the company (in French):